RLG Stability Stirrup LeathersRegular price $195.00
Experience a new level of comfort and stability with the RLG Stability Stirrup Leathers. Crafted from premium leather, these stirrup leathers feature a wide top for a secure fit. Enjoy greater stability with every ride.
Our stirrup leathers are known for their "invisible" feel under the leg and our new stability stirrup leathers are no different.
- Double Layered with English Bridle Leather, sandwiched with heavy duty nylon
- Wide Top (2" width), unstitched at the widest point, stitched for the remainder of the stirrup leather
- Stainless Steel Roller Buckle
- Available in sizes 48", 54", 56", 60"
- Havana or Black Leather
- Signature white stitching OR choose like stitching (recommended to match the stitching on your saddle)
- 13.5oz leather weight
- English Bridle Leather? Yes, this is different than our typical USA halter leather (though the EBL is still being tanned in the USA). It has a higher oil content, which makes it more pliable and "softer". Is the leather typical calf skin stirrup leather soft? No, which is why they will last for years to come.
- Nylon Sandwiched? There are two layers of leather with heavy duty nylon sandwiched between the two. Leather stretches over time and the nylon will slow down this process A LOT. Which is exactly what we are going for. Long lasting stirrup leathers.
- Roller Buckle? We chose to use a roller buckle because it more evenly distributes the pressure of the buckle and the weight of the rider's leg on the stirrup leather and stirrup bar. With weight more evenly distributed, a divot on top of your most used hole will form at a much slower rate. And who doesn't adjust their stirrups from the saddle? I know I do! The stirrup leather will adjust easier with the rolling mechanism.
- If in stock in our trailer, will ship within one week
- Otherwise, each pair is handmade to order, please allow 2-6 weeks for delivery
- Stirrup Leathers are kind of like car tires - they need to be rotated every few months. As riders, we put a ton of pressure on our left stirrup when mounting. Rotating stirrups will allow them to stretch more evenly. These are not stretch-proof, but the nylon will counteract the speed of stretching.
- We recommend using glycerine saddle soap (or CLLC Liquid Saddle Soap or CLLC Leather Cleaner to clean the leathers and CLLC Leather Balmor Saddle Oil to condition. We don't recommend using oil based products on our stirrup leathers unless they are made by Christian Lowe.
Questions? Comments? Email us directly, firstname.lastname@example.org